18/01/2011

January 18th

A little bit of blurb I don't know where to put or even if it bears any relevance to anything.
I'm yet to know what this blog is, i'm a ridiculously scatty brained person with my mind going off in tangents within seconds. I think sometimes my boy finds it hard to keep up, as often a confused look jumps to his face.
I don't completely understand this site, or how to make things pretty, for the time being (without the buttons i'd love) there is a nice colour and I can insert pictures, works for now. I read hundreds of different blogs, fashion blogs, beauty, lifestyle. I wish I could incorporate these things into mine, but I currently don't feel comfortable with my style or my appearance to have anything worthy of documenting. Currently whatever pops into my head will most likely be posted, it's how i've always been (fortunate or unfortunate) in life, so why would I change now?!

I'm a fashion design graduate currently working as a website product photographer for a fashion company. My days are spent with flashes going off in my eyes and sitting on the computer photoshopping until I can no longer see. Days vary as to whether I like my job or loathe it, it's not the area I feel is best for me, but whilst I don't have a clue where I want to end up, but currently this is a good place to experience the working world, and don't think for one second im not greatful for a job when I know its difficult finding one. Getting this job was lucky for me, i'd graduated uni and came back to the dead end bar job i'd been doing on and off for a few years, I met my partner, quit my shit job (earning nothing!) and was unemployed for a few months, sending off 7-10 applications weekly for everything, and doing a few months of home caring in the mean time.

Fashion and clothes have been the only thing that I can think back to have interested me as much when I was 12/13 as they still do now. I'm not continually up to date with current trends, and buy vogue more for the editorial shoots (fashion photography is my art) than I do the knowledge of what the future trends are (oops). I love creating garments and pretty things, but doubt i'd want to pursue design other than for my own gratification, a beautiful silhouette and a delicate fabric and I crumble. I love dressing others, and have a huge fascination with craving this experience, but I find it irritating I have no idea how to dress myself! I know what does and doesn't suit my 'shape', but this is as far as my creativity seems to go at the moment.

See the pattern, I ramble.. continually. I can see myself varying between posting 5 times a day to not having a single thought for a month! Whilst trying to figure myself out career wise I share a lovely little flat with my boyfriend, a wild creative, who loves making noise (works in sound for films) and is as spontaneous as a child life is never dull and I love him unconditionally. Meeting him has helped shape who I am, a process which was very much overdue, I adore him ore than anything and he is my complete world and I can't wait until we own a little house and can get a dog (I really want a dog!)

So here's a little about my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment