04/04/2011

Hello April

Welcome to April,  I can't beleive its the 4th already, this year is speeding by far to quickly! This time last year i'd done so many things, as noted by the gargantuan folder labeled 2010. January 10 I turned 22, February 10 I, my partner and some friends went to climb Mount Snowdon in Wales (I then realised I have a large joint problem), March, April, May were spent spending time with family, birthdays, parties, heading down to bournemouth way with my partner, and on occasion his family. So far this year not to much has happened but what a busy summer I have coming up making up for this!

Loves

The partner and I are setting off moving again! We haven't been in this flat (were in a one bedroom before this) even a year but the oppoutunity of a lovely house came up for the same price, so within 6 weeks we'll be house-bound! I'm so excited and it's such a lovely step for us to take, a proper house, with a little garden :)

One of my partners oldest friends and his fiance had a baby the other week, I went to see it at the weekend and he is beautiful! I was holding him for a good hour and he was so sleepy and cute, suprsingly large feet and hands for an 11 day old. This definately hasn't cured my broodiness, but I have always wanted to be a mother so this is to be expected.

I get to go to there wedding in May which'll be lovely, and the little one will be dressed up in a teeny tiny suit, cute!
...this means I need to find a dress to wear, so any ideas send my way!

We're having a weekend away in May also which'll be nice, work is exceptionally busy for him at the moment and we both could do with a change of scenary, down by the beach, where I feel at home, counting down the days till I can see the waves and smell the fresh air.

Mothers day was wonderful, dad, my siblings and I created two large beautiful photo frames for her. The pictures were ranging from her as a young child to as recent as Saturday, which was a lovely suprise for her. She loved looking through the photos from various years, of us, her and dad, her parents/relatives, instead of being left in photo albums which never see the light of day they are now on the wall for all to see and enjoy. It felt a particularly emotional mothers day this year, as it was my grannys birthday and she hasn't been with us for at least 15 years now. As much as we all miss her, mum especially, I think this was the most perfect present she could have received, didn't mean to create the waterworks though!

My partner has his birthday this month, and my little sister turns the ripe old age of 16 at the turn of may, it's an expensive old month, and i'll without a doubt have to turn to the overdraft to buy presents but I love buying presents for people, hopefully I can think of lovely inexpensive, thoughtful gifts to give.

I want to start a photography diary, I don't know if i'll ever upload it to this, but I really enjoy the 365 photo diaries (Im to late to start this) as I think it's a great way to capture the goings on of the year, and I really miss taking photos.



A new month means a chance to redirect my  failed atempt at completing my March Monthly Tasks.

April Monthly Tasks
  1. Visit the Yohji Yamamoto at the V&A: LOVE!!  (12 March - 10 July 2011)  Maybe impossible this month with mothers day, partners birthday, siblings birthday..
  2. Finally get round to photographing and selling things on eBay I may scream, i've needed to do this for 2 months! I REALLY NEED TO DO THIS
  3. Start one form of excercise a week (to eventually increase to 2 etc..)
  4. Start packing up our things for moving day- Ee :)
  5. Plan mood boards to create a photoshoot for my final collection, potfolio standard (I graduated in 09!)
  6. Gather research for my jackets project
 This is the best part of my monthly tasks so far, in addition are all the previous march fails.

 Stunning

12 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I've just discovered your blog and it's amazing! You've got a new follower :-D
    It sounds like you have a lot to look forward to this month! I'm with you on the aim of finding 'starting one form of exercise a week' - I've been wanting to do this for ages but unsurprisingly always find something better to do!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, that's lovely! Well I hope you enjoy my rambles, as I'm sure they'll continue :) April looks to be a lovely (and highly expensive) month, I cant wait! Haha, I start... and then dwindle down to nothing- it's so much effort! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your new house! that sounds SO lovely & amazing & everything good. x hivennn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou, it'll be exciting :) and we get to decorate and make another place into our home, just what I enjoy doing! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck in the new home! time keeps flying by doesn't it?


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh god yes, it's scary how quickly it's going! Soon it'll be christmas again. Thanks i'm excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the new place sounds so exciting!! god... I kind of want time to fast forward a little.. just til I get to go to the USA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you going to the USA for? When are you going? Im so jealous, i've always wanted to go to America! So damn far though :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got to make your own dress for the weddings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really should do! I need to find the fabric from somewhere, maybe after payday :) (will be a very tight deadine though)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, sounds like you've got a lot to look forward to :)
    And thank you for your comment - I actually have REALLY short legs so you've just made my day <3

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm ever so slightly shorter than you! Haha :)
    And no I can't see if you comment back - blogger doesn't have a very good commenting system so I always just reply on the other person's blog,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete