10/01/2011

Pop

When I was younger I always wanted a Polaroid Camera but never got brought one, a few years ago just as the polaroid cameras were being discontinued I snapped one up on ebay, and had a year or two of fun before the film also was discontinued. Absolutely gutting!

At christmas my boyfriend surprised me with a fujifilm instax 210 (its the most incredible and fake looking camera ever). It was a lovely surprise because every time i'd lust after the camera on the internet i'd say to him when I got paid i'd buy one, but every month after paying to get to work, the food shopping and to live in our home I have not much left, so when i opened it I was ecstatic, and out of everything I got, this was and is my most favorite. I've already used the film and need to buy more asap.
I have so many cameras on my list I want to own, many vintage 35mm SLR's are in my 'watched' ebay. I own a Canon DSLR 450D which I love and take anytime I go somewhere that calls for more than a compact camera, and even that one I love, a little sony cybershot 12MP for those nights out, and capture moments.
I NEED THESE IN MY LIFE:

Fujifilm Instax Mini (to carry around in my bag, as the others so big, and to create different photo sizes)
Lomography Action Sampler 35mm Camera (this looks so so fun!)

Lomography Action Sampler 35mm Pop Novelty camera (the same as above but in pop colour form)
I'm also so tempted to root through my families house and see if I can find just a normal 35mm camera (we had hundreds of compacts), just to play around with. Note: need to get dads SLR fixed.
If I had £200, id buy all these cameras, and then about £100 worth of film on top! I doubt i'd manage to get any 'incredible' photos, but I love the messy flawed film photographs. I went through a massive stage of just buying disposable cameras for nights out/birthdays/any camera event and didnt touch my digital for a year! This would work out cheaper in the long run, and be a nice surprise when opening the packet of produced photos. Plenty of reasons to buy :)
Images from google

No comments:

Post a Comment