15/03/2011

Dream House Introduces..

My partner and I live in a lovely little two bed rented flat, saying it's little is the wrong term, nowhere near this size infact, but it's so homely somehow it has that quaint, cute feel about it. I wish I could turn this flat into a two story house, the layouts great and it's definitely big enough for us for the time being.. problem is I want a house, i've always wanted a house, if our flat could be a house it'd be the most beautiful little house (it would be little in house comparison), but with neither of us being anywhere near financially able to put down a deposit, a house is something for very far in the future. 
I'd like to be able to decorate our home It reflect us, but obviously with a rented property there's only so much you can do, it has gorgeous interiors anyway, so after we put up our own curtains and stored the landlords, put some pictures up on the wall, photographs and covered the window sills with our 'bits' it reflects us as much as it will ever do.
I'd like to own our home (or to own a new home), and know its ours, that all the money we're putting in is towards our future, all the decorating is for our taste, and not just working around someone elses (granted ours is beautiful), arranging each room to it's full potential and (one day) purchasing the furniture to furnish for ourselves, to build a home for our future.

The only problem I have with our flat is the bedrooms, neither are big enough. We are lucky to have two, but the second isn't big enough to be a bedroom as well as house the things it needs to. The master bedroom is a funny L shape, with an en-suite shower/toilet room but after a bed (ours) and a wardrobe (landlords), there isn't room for anything else! I have a small dressing table cabinet (really isn't room), because it needed to come out of the spare bedroom, and it's helpful for holding mirror/holding makeup/hair dryer etc.


Our second bedroom currently holds the second wardrobe (landlords) right behind the door, I can't move it because it's too heavy, and there's nowhere to move it too. This room holds my partners work equipment, my mannequin, a bookcase full of our books and a desk (and now a chest of draws as we needed more clothes storage!). It's a neat room but dark, with a smallish window, as we don't need a second bedroom it makes sense that this room is our office, but it feels so cramped. I would love to have the luxury of having a second bedroom so my siblings could stay in there instead of on the couch, same with friends visiting etc. but there's just not enough room, same as i'd love to have a master bedroom that feels relaxed when walking into it, without the wardrobe (or even with if there was more room), but I can't.

This sounds like such a massive moan on our home ha, it's really not, I absolutely adore it, I'm just realising we need more room, most people wouldn't need an office, but most peoples hobbies aren't also there jobs and so equipment is owned personally not just through the company. I do love our home, realistically we've used the space the best we can, and it's not too messy or too cramped, I just seem to crave minimalism and organisation a lot more now, and sometimes it hurts my head.

I'd love for us to one day either have a walk in wardrobe (who doesn't), or built in wardrobe/storage as I think it's such a great space saver and storage option. Everything has a purpose built place and it might make my wardrobe stop looking like a bomb site (I need more room). This way we'd be able to have a bedroom which was relaxing,  and uncluttered, which I feel a bedroom really should be.


One day in the very distant future, we'll manage to save up for a mortgage and get a lovely house, I don't want a large house, never have done, just one to live comfortably, where I can start from scratch and work out where our lives will fit in :)



(maybe i'll win the lottery soon haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment