27/01/2011

January 27th

I love this film, I always forget about it, but whenever I think about masks it reminds me of the beautiful dance scenes. When I was young this film was one of my favourites, and still is to date, I used to enjoy watching it, but when the trolls and scary masks appeared it'd always be through my fingers. Theres something fantastic about masks, venetian ones are to die for, I wish I knew the reason behind the haunting, scary looking ones.
Note: Google it. I used to have this really strange crush on David Bowie in this film, and my god how tight are his leggings! Thinking of hitting ebay/amazon to find this now, I need to watch this scene! I may also have to travel to Italy just to buy a genuine mask (not that I need a reason, I have to go there!)

3 comments:

  1. I found David Bowie's lumpy crotch quite disturbing when I was younger! They really are SO tight. I will have to watch this film again, some bits I do find it quite scary though - especially the ones who take off their limbs and try and take Sarah's head.... creepy!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate it more now, but as a kid's film is was ridiculously trippy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rosie: I think being innocent the lump was never a real noticable point, until I watched the film a few years ago, and it was then I felt wrong about having viewed that younger! It's a great film, I'd completely forgotten about the head part until you mentioned, that's pretty scary, and all the hands! xx
    @Chicknamedhermia: I still think it's pretty trippy, I like the stairs all going up/down/joining together, I always sit trying to work out which is joining to another.

    ReplyDelete