14/03/2011

That Old Body Saying

At the moment i'm having a bit of a body/style crisis! I have no idea how to wear anything in my wardrobe  or what to do with my body (this isn't helped by the fact i've put on 3/4 stone: with no change in eating!!!) I'm a delightful pear shape, so although i'm small on top, my bloody hips won't hide behind anything! Currently i'm not feeling confident in anything above the knee (years of swimming as a youngster have given me lovely swimmers legs, little short trunks that need covering or slimming!) my fail safe comfy outfit at the moment is a pair of straight leg jeans that are lacking in the original navy, and baggyish top/jumper (with a sight shape) etc. So not anything flattering at all!
Any ideas? 
I'm an 10ish on top, and 12 on bottom, not large I know but there is 8 inches between my shoulders and hips, and a whopping 11 between my waist and hips (bloody hips!!) and i've become very disproportioned now!

Obviously on a Monday instead of concentrating on all the photoshopping need doing i've been window shopping online, looking at lovely clothes, trying to get inspiration, (wishing I had more than £70 to last me until payday) but  I just end up feeling a bit glum, and can't work out if any of these lovlies will suit my shape, let alone what size I should be going for (bigger to balance?!) .. so bags it was. Bags can't make you feel fat and i'm forever breaking mine. Is this just me, or do bags give up after a few months? I probably stuff mine with far to many things in all honesty..
 All Zara

The navy Briefcase is the bag I want to purchase the most (also one of the most expensive- typically)
Cheaper alternative?
Asos
2
Clearly have a little thing for satchels, always have, always will!
Any ideas on how to approach my wardrobe/body crisis?
Urgh

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I hate it when you have a bad-body day. Don't watch 90210 that's all I can say!
    A new bag sounds like the trick though :) I love the contrast satchel,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bad body month at the moment... Ive alwaysa stayed away from 90210 ha, far to tiny for me to feel comfomrtable, gossip girl doesnt help however... gorgeous girls!

    I love them all! Maybe at pay day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have bad body days! I used to be a size 8-10 now more like a 10-12 and not happy about it really!

    You could go to channel 4.com and look up beauty and the beast on there you can work out your body shape and it tells you which clothes work best for your shape!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical of being a woman isn't it? I was a 8-10 on top but always been large on bottom so i've never known how to balance it out to well! I'll have a look at that page, might give me a few idead i've never thought of! Thankyou.
    I feel i'm a bit to young to be wearing knee length tent dresses yet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.channel4.com/4beauty/style-me/bodyshapefinder

    Have a look here for tips on what to wear for your body shape!

    ReplyDelete