11/03/2011

I heard this little lady Birdy singing a cover of Bon Ivers Skinny Love on radio 1, it really is a beautiful cover, her voice is effortless, old beyong her years and one of those rare songs I would happily have on repeat, I heard she was 14 at the beggining of the week and my mouth dropped, each time I hear it im still trying to imagine it being the voice of a 14 year old and my brain just can't comprehend such a thing. 
Does anyone else remember being 14, akward, no idea who you were or what you wanted to be, struggling to find something you were good at in school that you could focus on? Fast forward 9 years, I don't feel to different, i'm still akward, shy, trying to find something to focus on and a talent.. there are some things I know I can do, I can make patterns, I can make clothes, but as a far to critical person I don't see this as a talent, just something i've learned that i've got to the end point of and can't progess. 
How at 14 someone is so talented is beyond me! 

Do you think everyone has a talent (hidden sometimes), or are there some people who just have an exceptional one? 
..not forgetting the people who are great at everything!
A few years ago I had a school friend (still is) who was great at everything. She was on athletic teams, played instruments, had a lovely singing voice, could act, was a great public speaker, everyone loved her because she was kind and cared for everyone, was funny and a straight A student (I actually had a male friend of the same equivalence, they ended up marrying, they are a perfect ridiculously talented couple and I despair at how ridiculous there kids will be!), and I was always struck by how she could be great at everything, she just was though! 
How?
I'm sitting at work with such a funny image of me at 14, akward beyond belief, and how not much has changed ha! Was anyone a cool 14 year old?



5 Lovely Happenings


1. It's Friday! Without a doubt i'm currently living for the weekend, and I know this isn't the best way, but I just can't shake wanting a saturday lie in and taking the day slowly at the moment.
2. MGMT are playing on the radio, I've loved them since there first song, unfortunately I saw them at Bestival a few years ago and they were such a let down. Worse was i'd missed going to see Chase & Status who i'd also loved forever because of them! Bummer.
3. I have 2 Boots £5 no7 vouchers! Any ideas on what to buy? The last few i've bought nail varnish with (currently wearing gun metal- yum), but I own far to many nail varnishes. I'm not too clued up on makeup so was thinking maybe just a nice tinted moisturiser as my one is running out.
4. Tomorrow i'll be seeing my brother acting in a play with my partner and a few family members, this'll be a nice evening out with family, something different and a way to break up the weekend!
5. The sun's shining through my window at work, granted its bitter wind outaside, but i'm still standing by spring must be around the corner.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. That tune was fab! What a lovely voice, she'll definitely get a record deal if she hasn't already got one! Yay to Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete